
I don't know why I haven't felt the need to write anything for a few days, other than to say that I've had a rather busy Halloween weekend. First, T and I had a party at one of our friend's house on Friday night. Even though this party wasn't actually a costume party, it was still good fun and I even saw a few friends I haven't seen since the summer. T ended up drinking a bit too much and had to stay over my place that night. He gets very affectionate after drinking, so I wasn't about to complain, I can assure you.

Then on Saturday, we had our proper Halloween costume party, for which we eventually decided to go as Calvin and Hobbes. Of course, T decided that he would be the better Hobbes and that I was better suited to be Calvin. Whatever. Actually, he was right, I do look more like Calvin anyway, but I just thought Hobbes would be more fun. But I soon found out that T made a better Hobbes than I ever could've imagined.
So, the best bit about our little costume squabble was that T got very excited and creative with his costume to prove to me that he was right and I was wrong. So, he ended up painting his face like Hobbes and wearing cute cat ears, along with an orange tigerish outfit and tail. ^_^ So, I admit I was actually quite happy to have lost the argument because I had a cute tigerboy pouncing on me all night! For Calvin, all I had to do was to do was spray my hair into enormous spikes and wear a red striped shirt with black pants and wayfarer sunglasses. I suppose I did quite look like Calvin after all, albeit a rather stretched-out Calvin.
Well, we ended up arriving fashionably late to the party and made a big entrance together and T proceeded to pounce on me in front of everyone as soon as we got there. I was actually a bit surprised by that, but happily surprised indeed. And, apparently random people kept encouraging him to keep on pouncing on me when I wasn't paying attention. So, I reckon this has to count as our most flagrantly public PDA to-date, because there was quite a bit of hugging and furry love involved. I guess T just lost himself in the character a bit, and I admit, it felt wonderful. =]
I must admit that I was also guilty of random immature Calvin outbursts (basically pulling odd faces and being a bit obnoxious, but kinda in an endearing way, I guess), and I even managed to fulfill a few requests to 'pee' on various random objects (which probably doesn't make sense unless you've seen this rather odd phenomenon on the backs of random 4x4 trucks, typically driven by inbred idiots). Anyway, it was all in good fun and we both had a blast that night, and afterwards as well.
I am having a bit of a change of heart from my earlier posts and I now think it's probably a good thing to just be immature sometimes. I think we all have our 'inner Calvin or Hobbes' inside each of us, and it sure feels good to let them out to play and perhaps be a bit ridiculous once in a while. =]
:)
ReplyDeleteReally great post, fun to read.
ReplyDeleteAwwww. I'm still smilin after reading that. Especially the part about "Hobbes" pouncing on "Calvin". Maturity is overated btw. :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! It's fun to be the prey for a cute tigerboy. =^_^=
ReplyDeleteI guess I assumed that by being more mature, it would help me be taken more seriously by others. But, I am now thinking that in trying to be 'mature', one may actually be missing out on having fun.
I enjoy being silly and spontaneous too much to give that up. So, I suppose that I should probably just learn to live with my peculiar insecurities about how adults view/interact with me. At least for now.
Besides, the only practical thing that I think that maturity can actually benefit me, atm, is in keeping my relationship with T strong and healthy. But that also means keeping things interesting and lively between us. Hmmm... perhaps I'm just overthinking all this; it wouldn't be the first time, I can assure you. =/